Monday 10 May 2010

Living with the other half...Seeing it from the other side

This post is somewhat different (as most of my posts have been centred around me and my day to day goings on with ED). This post is more of an interview with BF because I don't think I've ever asked him outright how it affects him (and I'm sure it must as he doesn't suffer from a complete emotional deficit! Far from it!)

What annoys you most?
"The fact that you go on about how fat you are all the time and after everything you eat you feel guilty. I can't compliment you properly because I know they don't get through... especially when met with the acknowledgement of MEH!"

What worries you most?
"That you will/do (during the worst times) make yourself really ill. Also that you become very withdrawn and distance yourself from me during bad times; it worries me that the distance will remain between us and tear us apart." 


If you could provide an answer, what would it be?
Initial reaction is 'Snap out of it' (although he says he knows that would miss the point and wouldn't work) As it happens he is quite well educated because of me. Instead he resolves to say   'listen to what other people say about you, how they see you and that they're being sincere when they compliement you'.

If you could change one thing about me, would it be my ED?
No I'd make you less bossy ... oh, no... well it's a close one.


Since being with me, what have you learnt about eating disorders that you had no clue about before?
How completely soul consuming an ED is and it takes over everything. I didn't realise how big a part it played in the life of a sufferer.

So it seems that it is not only us that suffer from our ED..... the people closest to us do too... but then what is the answer??
Bottle it up and not talk about it to save the other half from earache and drive ourselves mad??
I doubt BF would allow that as an answer ("Too right I wouldn't"-BF)

It seems that until the source rids themselves of the ED, they infect others around them too.
... so on that note... I need to focus on getting myself better... not just for myself but those closest to me as well.
Furthermore... I'm not going to tell BF how guilty I feel right now after having a chocolate finger... ooops

P.S. Thank you to my family, close friends and BF for sticking by me through good, bad and worse times!

Gecko xx

3 comments:

Incredible Eating Anorexics said...

to be honest, a lot of the time the guilt over the effects my problems and behaviour has on those close to me, like my parents, keeps me going a lot of the time. not wanting to hurt them more.

Gecko said...

I agree... sometimes the effects keep me going too.. but I do have moments of weakness..I hate hurting those closest to me

Jessi said...

Wow! Very interesting...I've never thought to ask my hubby questions like this. I know he hates my ED, worries about me, and wishes I would "snap out of it" but I've never really asked him...

Great post!

blogspot statistics